As one of the most important B2B social media platforms, LinkedIn can help you attract more eyes on your business.
At the moment, it is one of the most popular social networks for professionals and one of the top social networks overall, and as a plus - LinkedIn made its Stories feature available to all users.
Knowing this, the question you should ask yourself is 🤔:
Wondering how can you build a complete LinkedIn marketing strategy for your business?
Here's a list of tactics and ideas on how to create an effective LinkedIn marketing strategy for your business in 2022.
11 LinkedIn marketing strategies to create a successful page for your business
- Create a company profile
- Post relevant and engaging content
- Use LinkedIn Stories
- Make your company's name known
- Add LinkedIn groups to your page
- Define your goals
- Make your employees part of your business' Linkedin strategy
- Tag people in your posts
- Upload native videos
- Use LinkedIn hashtags
- Measure your LinkedIn performance
1. Create a company profile
If you want to promote your business on social media, having a LinkedIn company page, is a must. You'll be able to build brand recognition by providing a way to promote your products and services to customers and potential ones.
Did you know that 🤔 51% of companies acquired a B2C customer on LinkedIn?
Don't waste time and start a company profile by following these steps:
Step 1. Create a page
- Click the "Work icon" from the top right corner of your homepage.
- Scroll down and select "Create a Company Page"
- You have the option to select the page type you’d like to create
- Small business (under 200 employees))
- Medium to large business (over 200 employees)
- Showcase page
- Educational institution (high school or university/college)
Step 2. Set up your page identity
Branding is essential so pay attention to this step. Next, you’ll be asked to fill in the industry, company size, company type (public, non-profit, educational, and others).
Step 3. Configure the visual identity and slogan
Upload a logo and standard image for your LinkedIn company page, because these elements will make our page stand out. Make sure you respect the photo standards.
LinkedIn business photo sizes 2020
- LinkedIn logo size: 300 x 300 pixels
- LinkedIn business cover photo: 1536 x 768 pixels
Step 4. Create a company description
Your company description is the first thing someone sees when he gets in contact with your LinkedIn business profile.
Make sure you mention all your product features, and services, also don't forget to tell what's your added value to the industry you're in. However, don't get carried away with the description.
LinkedIn allows you to preview how your page is going to look, so make sure everything is set up and click the "Create page" button - Your page is now live!
2. Post relevant and engaging content
Your principal objective is to increase the engagement of your page, so make sure your posts contain helpful tips, tricks, and information related to your industry.
Prove that you're an expert in your field and write about a subject in which you can add value or give actionable insights. You can even use a graph maker to create stunning visuals that catch the eye.
Avoid writing promotional presentations and focus more on content that provides in-depth information for your followers or maybe lessons learned during years.
For example, if you're following Socialinsider on LinkedIn, you'll see that every month we publish a new study, or that we have a webinar series.
3.Use LinkedIn Stories
Dr. Natalia Wiechowski: LinkedIn Stories are the 1.0 version of the recent Instagram Stories - and I DON'T indicate that in an unkind way.
I am excited about this new LinkedIn feature, and every platform starts somewhere. I am also very curious about how it will develop.
Are you using Instagram and Facebook Stories? If yes, you would love LinkedIn Stories as well.
This feature is great for business - and here are three great ways every business should use LinkedIn Stories:
- Share behind the scene moments
- Important projects you are working on
- Host a corporate Q&A
You can learn more about this feature in this article - Ways You Can Use LinkedIn Stories to Promote Your Business.
4. Make your company's name known
You're not alone in your niche, and you have to make your company's name known.
An excellent way to do it is by inviting people to follow your page. This LinkedIn strategy will allow you to have a bigger pool of connections who might want to follow your business.
If you want to increase your LinkedIn page connections, this is something you should try:
- Invite your connections to follow your page.
- Promote your LinkedIn company page on other social media channels like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
- Mention your LinkedIn page in your emails.
If you want to increase your LinkedIn profile connections, make sure you personalize your request.
- Personalize your connection requests - As a company page, you can't send LinkedIn connections, but your employees can. Make sure they mention your brand in that note.
5. Add LinkedIn groups to your page
Being part of a LinkedIn group has the advantage of making your content visible, and it's an excellent opportunity to connect and interact with like-minded peers in your niche.
With a LinkedIn page you can't be part of a group, but you have the option to showcase a LinkedIn group on your page.
Use your LinkedIn profile, and be part of an existing group, or start your group. Being the moderator and admin of a group, you gain control and awareness in the industry.
To create a LinkedIn group, follow these steps:
- Click the "Work icon" from the top right corner of your homepage.
- From Visit more LinkedIn products select "Groups"
- Click "Create a new group" from the top right corner
- Fill in the required information: group name, about this group, group rules, privacy
- Click the "Create button" and you're done
Now that you've created a group with you're LinkedIn profile, you have the option to feature that group on your LinkedIn page. All you have to do is:
- Go to your LinkedIn page and on the left side bar you'll see the "Featured groups tab"
- Click "Add a LinkedIn group"
- Select the group you want to showcase on your page (you can add up to 10 groups)
- Click "Save"
- To delete a group: click the "Delete icon"
6. Define your goals
Building brand awareness might take time, but the key to success is consistent and quality content, plus staying up-to-date in your industry.
Peter Drucker - an American author and consultant in the field of organizational development and management, started the idea for SMART goals.
SMART stands for “Specific,” “Measurable,” “Achievable,” “Relevant,” and “Time-Bound.”
Keep these words in mind and when defining your LinkedIn goals.
Another thing that should also be at the forefront of your actions is an effective work plan.
Your LinkedIn goals must be in line with the goals you set in your work plan.
7. Make your employees part of your business' Linkedin strategy
You should know that your brand's best ambassadors are your employees. You can boost your presence by asking them to share articles from the company's blog, new features, events, - mentioning the company name in the post.
Make your employees your brand ambassadors and the face of your company. People engage 10x more likely with employee profiles than with company pages. - Dr. Natalia Wiechowski, Personal Branding Coach
8. Mention people in your LinkedIn posts
Tagging people you’ve quoted or you’ve referenced in the content you're sharing is an essential step in your LinkedIn marketing strategy.
The people you've tagged will be notified, along with their connections, and people who follow them, so your content will be seen by more people.
This LinkedIn marketing strategy will help your posts become more visible and ultimately raise the overall engagement of your page.
9. Upload native videos
LinkedIn native videos are five times more likely than other content to start a conversation among LinkedIn members, according to LinkedIn stats.
Videos are among those pieces of content which stand out of the crowd. They are vital in today's social media strategy.
Be as creative as possible: give some advice in your niche, share an opinion about the latest trends or share a few tips & tricks like in the post below.
10. Use hashtags
Hashtags help users find content on a particular topic. When you add hashtags to your posts, those posts will get a higher chance of being discovered by LinkedIn members who follow or search for the hashtag you’ve used.
If you are using hashtags when posting something on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, you should use them with your LinkedIn posts as well.
When you upload something (photo or video), LinkedIn will suggest you some hashtags according to the topic you're sharing. You have the option to use those, or you can write your own using the # symbol.
11. Measure your LinkedIn performance
Keeping an eye on your LinkedIn analytics dashboard can help you make informed decisions that lead to better results.
Remember that your LinkedIn marketing strategy is best to be based on data, your content tailored on what you saw your audience resonates to.
Try to track some LinkedIn KPIs - followers demographic, number of followers, impressions and reach, engagement rate, profile views by job title, etc. It will help you increase your reach in your industry
Diving into deep waters without guidance might be hard. This is why it’s better to use an analytics tool like Socialinsider that provides you with the data needed to properly analyse your performance and grow your company page. Plus, you have the following benefits:
- Measure your LinkedIn performance and track analytics for your business page
- Track key metrics of each post on LinkedIn
- Understand your demographics on LinkedIn
Tips to increase the engagement of your LinkedIn page
- Make sure that your employees add the company page to their profiles to reach a wider audience of LinkedIn users.
- Promote your LinkedIn page in newsletters and blogs.
- Post during business hours.
- Publish articles directly to the platform.
- Upload videos.
- Post in LinkedIn groups.
The benefits of having a LinkedIn marketing strategy are undeniable: you can enhance your brands' name, build a credible, reliable image in the business world, and you also keep your clients and partners informed.
After some time, you might even be recognized as a leader in your field.
Use this platform's potential and always create quality and actionable content because ultimately, this is going to be your main asset.