Analytics are a must for everyone who wants to get serious about their social media marketing strategies. That’s especially the case with Twitter.
Twitter has gone through a series of massive changes lately, and understanding how they can impact your presence in the network is now more important than ever.
That’s exactly why we’ll cover the best Twitter analytics tools currently on the market. We’ll show you what each tool is most useful for, along with a rundown of its key features.
So let’s get to it!
Best Twitter analytics tools in 2024
- Twitter Analytics (Native App)
What is Twitter Analytics?
To access analytics for Twitter, you have two options:
- using Twitter's analytics app, which offers basic analytical data.
- third-party Twitter analysis tools go more in-depth. Some offer ideal posting time suggestions, track audience sentiment, or help you discover influencers relevant to your niche, for instance—features unavailable in Twitter’s native analytics platform.
The benefits of a Twitter analytics tool
Twitter changed a lot in the last few years, pushing companies to reassess their marketing strategies on the platform. Besides its rebranding, the social network also experienced a considerable shift in its demographics.
As of January 2024, people aged between 18 and 24 years old make up 28.93% of Twitter’s user base—a 12% increase from 2021. In other words, the rise of Gen Zers on the platform requires companies to change their Twitter approach to attract new audiences and maintain relevance.
Aside from that, here are a few more reasons why Twitter measurement tools are always a good idea:
- Ideal posting times: Most Twitter analytics apps help identify patterns between posting times and fluctuations in engagement levels, allowing you to spot when’s the perfect time to post content for maximum user interactions.
- Audience analysis: Twitter analytics reports often break down your audience based on specific criteria (like region, interests, and age groups), giving you a better idea of how to craft content that resonates with specific audience segments.
- Competitive analysis: You can run side-by-side comparisons between you and your competitors to spot their weak spots or strategies that work for them.
- Social listening: Twitter analytics apps can examine your followers’ activity to pinpoint topics they often talk about and the hashtags they use — information useful for finding content ideas relevant to your audience.
Who uses Twitter analytics tools?
In short, Twitter analytics tools are a must for social media and marketing managers, PR professionals, customer support teams, or any business that aims to improve its presence on the network.
They’re useful for quickly identifying and addressing negative customer feedback and monitoring marketing campaign effectiveness and brand mentions, as well as competitors.
Top 10 Twitter analytics tools in 2024
Socialinsider is the best Twitter analytics tool that helps you improve your Twitter content performance. Using Socialinsider, you can measure your Twitter engagement rates, impressions, and follower growth and analyze tweets and retweet performance.
Review your competitors' Twitter strategy and track their performance.
Why use Socialinsider as your Twitter analytics tool?
- Analyze and measure performance for any Twitter profile
- Perform a quick analysis on Twitter
- Understand the content patterns for any Twitter profiles
- Compare social media performance across channels
- Identify top-performing tweets
- Compare 2 Twitter profiles side by side
- Compare past performance and run Twitter audits
- Export Twitter data in multiple formats: CSV, XLS, PDF, PPT or import your social media data to Looker (Google Data Studio) or Microsoft Power BI.
Socialinsider offers premium social media analytics for top social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter.
SocialInsider starts at $99 per month, with a 14-day free trial available for all pricing packages.
“It's extremely helpful for social media publishers and content creators like myself to do a deep analysis of trending content. I personally use it every day to get new ideas for my social accounts. It has given me many ideas by seeing what other content is performing well. Using this data, I've grown my social accounts millions of followers! I use it all the time for this purpose and it's very worth the money and quite affordable when you think of how fast you can grow using the tools it provides." - User in Online Media, Small Business, G2
2. Twitter Analytics (Native App)
Twitter’s native analytics tool is an excellent starting point for small businesses. It’s free, easy to use, and offers all the insights necessary to gauge your Twitter campaign’s effectiveness and identify where there is room for improvement.
- Analyze Twitter activity: Use the Twitter Analytics dashboard to grab a quick overview of how your posts perform in real-time. Easily monitor replies as well as average engagement, click-throughs, and retweets.
- Demographic analysis: Break down your follower base depending on their interests, genders, or occupations, and identify the most influential followers who share your posts.
- Trend discovery: Easily uncover and capitalize on trending topics and events to boost reach and attract new followers.
The native Twitter Analytics app is completely free to use.
“Twitter Analytics was built with the user in mind where they compile visually punching summaries of this month vs last month. I like how they automatically pull in your top tweets and provide helpful insights into how to perform better." - Graphic Designer, Mid-Market, G2
Fedica's Twitter analytics software offers advanced Twitter KPIs, content segmentation, topic and metric filtering, extensive demographic reporting, and more.
This Twitter measurement tool provides AI-powered analytics and a publishing platform designed to streamline your social media marketing efforts across numerous networks, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Pinterest.
As for Twitter analytics data, Fedica offers the following:
- Community analysis: Segment your followers based on numerous filters (location, gender, occupation, etc.) and generate interactive demographics charts. Uncover influential personalities in your community, and see who unfollowed you and when.
- Twitter listening: Type in the target keyword and discover popular associated hashtags to extend your reach. Identify posts from popular influencers using the specified hashtags and get into the details by checking the number of views, retweets, likes, and shares. Competitor analysis: Track competitor performance, demographics, and activity, as well as identify common followers.
Fedica starts at $10 per month (billed annually). All pricing packages include one account per social network. Each extra account costs an additional $10 per month.
“Fedica has been instrumental in helping me keep track of my followers, their activity and distribution across the globe. It's a simple yet highly useful tool that I rely on to manage my online presence." - Freelancer Animation Director, ProductHunt
Twitonomy is a straightforward Twitter followers analysis tool. You can easily identify your top followers, the languages they speak, as well as the countries and cities they come from.
Twitonomy also reveals the top hashtags and keywords your followers use. Other notable features include the following:
- Follower list management: Automatically generate follower lists and easily add or remove Twitter users. Mark followers as favorites so you know who to engage with later down the road.
- Follower reports: Spot who didn’t follow you back, and leverage the platform’s reports to your identify user base’s top tweets, popular hashtags, and more.
- Account performance analysis: Track your or your follower’s account performance by checking the total number of retweets, shares, likes, mentions, and more.
There’s a free version available, while the Premium package costs $19 per month (billed monthly).
“The ability to see combinations of who I'm following plus who is following me. I also like to see the timeframe in which followers have been active on Twitter." - User in Health, Wellness, and Fitness, Small Business, G2
Within its Twitter analytics dashboard, Social Pilot offers a series of comprehensive metrics that allow you to identify your best-performing posts and strategies, enhancing future content optimization.
More specifically, Social Pilot is one of the best Twitter analytics tools in the market for needs like:
- Performance tracking: Analyze the performance of daily Tweets to identify engagement patterns and get ideal posting time suggestions.
- Social monitoring: Track brand mentions to easily reply to feedback and foster community engagement. Get a list of influencers that mentioned your brand.
- Hashtag analysis: Quickly identify popular hashtags by generating a list of trending terms, along with their post counts as well as average reach and engagement.
SocialPilot starts at $25.50 per month (billed annually), with a 14-day free trial available across all pricing packages.
“The Twitter aacount analytics provided by SocialPilot are comprehensive and insightful. They've helped me understand my audience better and fine-tune my social media strategy. The reports are easy to understand and provide valuable data that has helped me make informed decisions - Chef, Small Business, G2”
Klear offers Twitter analytics reports for influencers. You can use this Twitter audit tool to influencer's analytics data, and to manage influencer campaigns.
To put it simply, this platform allows you to get data insights on Twitter for the following needs:
- Twitter influencer research: Find influencers across various categories (business, lifestyle, sports, etc) or by location. Grab a high-level overview of each influencer’s follower count, age, and bio.
- Twitter influencer analysis: Get into the details and uncover your target influencer’s demographics, top posts, average engagement rates, and more.
- Influencer score: Run a quick Twitter followers analysis to easily filter out fake influencers via Klear’s Influencer Score feature—it determines whether an influencer has a fake following and scores authenticity from 0 to 100.
Pricing: You can use these Twitter analysis tools for free. Pricing for Klear’s paid packages is upon request.
“It's straightforward to use and user-friendly. The support team is efficient and helpful. Reporting is easy to build and share to clients directly." - Senior Social Strategist, Mid-Market, G2
AgoraPulse’s Twitter analytics and reporting tool allows you to analyze your Twitter activity and gain insights on how to improve your performance. It provides key Twitter metrics such as engagement, impressions, follower growth, and a bunch of other valuable data.
In a nutshell, using this Twitter analytics dashboard you can get:
- Twitter account analytics: Monitor engagement rates, follower growth, impressions, and more.
- Marketing ROI reports: Gauge your social media marketing campaign’s effectiveness by identifying the networks that bring the most revenue.
- Power reports: Automatically generate customized Twitter analytics reports or run reports for multiple social media networks simultaneously.
There’s a free version available, but its Twitter capabilities are limited to publishing. Twitter analytics tools are available starting from the Standard plan, which costs $49 per user per month
“Very useful for managing Twitter platforms - easy to post, schedule, interact, follow, and monitor. Very useful for basic engagement, and the interface is easy-to-use and intuitive." - User in Consumer Goods, Small Business, G2
Whatagraph is a marketing data platform that pulls in data from 45+ platforms through its native integrations (Twitter included) and turns it into highly customized, interactive, and digestible reports.
The platform stands out through its numerous report templates dedicated to specific needs, reducing reporting on Twitter to a couple of clicks.
Among Whatagraph’s Twitter analytics features and reports, you’ll discover:
- Report customization: Pick between Whagraph’s numerous report templates and customize them to monitor the metrics you wish (video views, organic and promoted post click-throughs, retweet counts, engagement rates, and much more).
- Report automation: Receive automatic reports according to your criteria (frequency, delivery day, and time of day).
- Report sharing: Easily send out reports directly within the platform through sharable links, or schedule them through email.
Pricing starts at $249 per month (billed annually), with a free trial available upon request.
"In today's data-driven world, effective visualization and reporting of analytics play a crucial role in understanding and optimizing business performance. Whatagraph is a platform designed to simplify the process of data visualization and reporting, offering users a comprehensive solution for transforming complex data into clear and visually appealing reports. This review will examine the upsides and downsides of Whatagraph, helping you determine if it's the right tool for your data reporting needs." - Head of Marketing, Small Business, G2
Quintly’s Twitter reporting tools allow you to track any aspect of your Twitter performance — be it follower growth, retweets, mentions, or post engagement levels.
Its Twitter analytics dashboard is also highly customizable. You can either zoom in on specific KPIs or look at the bigger picture.
Here are a few more things Quintly can do for you on Twitter:
- In-depth reports: Generate reports covering audience interests, follower growth, follower change, average response times, total retweets, and more.
- Benchmarking: Generate side-by-side comparisons between your Twitter account performance and your competitors.
- Report automation and sharing: Easily set up automatic recurring reports. Export data to PDF, JPG, XLS, and CLV, or turn your reports into dynamic web pages.
Pricing starts at $315 per month (billed annually) with three social profiles included. Pricing is flexible based on the number of users and social profiles you wish to connect.
"Quintly is an excellent social media analytics tool that helps businesses track and optimize their online presence. It empowers companies to make data-driven decisions & improve their social media strategies." - Social Media Inter, Small Business, G2
Keyhole’s Twitter analytics tools allow you to monitor your TikTok account’s follower growth, and engagement rates. You can also identify the best posting time for maximum interactions. Moreover, Keyhole lets you track Twitter historical data to identify any potential trends worth capitalizing on.
Besides account analytics, Keyhole also handles influencer tracking, social media trends analysis, and social listening.
Here’s what it can do for you in terms of Twitter analytics:
- Hashtag tracking: Type in any hashtag you wish and see how many people used it along with the posts containing it. Get an overview of the said hashtag’s reach and total impressions.
- Competitor analysis: Analyze Twitter activity on your competitors and see how much engagement and followers they attract. Use Keyhole’s reports to easily compare your Twitter performance to theirs side-by-side.
- Automated suggestions: Get automated suggestions covering ideal posting times, frequency, content length, hashtag count, and more, based on your Twitter historical data.
Keyhole starts at $66.75 per month (billed annually), with a seven-day free trial across all pricing packages.
"The dashboard encapsulates a detailed overview of your entire campaign and mentions all details and KPIs that you need. The metrics given on keyhole are unmatched and help us in setting KPIs and measuring results accordingly. The layout is also very user friendly and everything is exportable so that's wonderful." - Digital PR Manager, Small Business, G2
And there you have it—the best Twitter analytics tool currently available. Although some focus on specific aspects of Twitter marketing like influencer or follower analysis, consider something that helps you analyze your Twitter accounts all across the board.
SocialInsider is the perfect tool for that. Its intuitive Twitter analytics dashboard reveals everything you need to know about your social media performance—from the type of content that brings in the most engagement to ideal posting time suggestions, competitor analysis, and much more. Get started for free here!
FAQs about Twitter analytics tools
1. How do you see Twitter analytics?
Simply log in to analytics.twitter.com with your Twitter username and password and you’re all set.
Alternatively, you can use a social media analytics tool to gain deeper insights into your Twitter strategy, like brand mentions, best posting times for maximized engagement, and more.
2. Does Twitter have an analytics tool?
Yes, you can access Twitter’s native analytics tool on analytics.twitter.com. It’s an excellent platform for small businesses that are just getting started with Twitter marketing. It uncovers valuable data, like demographic breakdowns and trending topics.