We are more than happy to announce our new feature - TikTok Analytics with Socialinsider.
In 2020 a lot of brands and influencers have decided to join TikTok, one of the biggest social media networks these days. But because it is so new, they are unsure about what they should do to increase engagement.
That's why, if you want to create the best TikTok marketing strategy an analytics tool is a must.
Get a complete view of your TikTok profile and your competitor's profiles, discover what will bring you more engagement, and get inspired by your competitor's video posts, using Socialinsider.
Let's see what metrics we provide for TikTok profiles and the benefits of this feature!
TikTok Analytics with Socialinsider
- How to view your TikTok analytics using the native app
- How to add a TikTok profile & hashtag into the dashboard
- The complete list of TikTok metrics we provide
- Ways to promote your business on TikTok
- [Webinar] TikTok Analytics with Socialinsider
You need a Pro account to be able to access TikTok analytics on the native app.
Follow these steps to view the insights for your account:
- Go to your profile.
- Go to settings and click the Manage My Account option.
- Click Switch to Pro Account.
- Select a featured category for your account: public figure, music/dance, personal blog, education, media, entertainment, sports, etc.
- Add your phone number: you'll receive a verification code.
Now that you have your TikTok Pro account, go to the Settings menu, and you'll see Analytics. Tap this option to open your TikTok analytics.
You will see three main categories:
- Profile overview
- Content insights
- Follower insights
TikTok analytics profile overview
In the Overview section, you will see your total video views, profile views, and followers count in the past 7 or 28 days.
TikTok analytics content insights
In the Content section, you will see your video posts from the last 7 days, in order of newest to oldest. From here, you can also create a new TikTok post.
TikTok analytics followers insights
In this last section, you'll see: total number of followers, the distribution of your followers by gender, and by territory, your followers activity by hours and by days, videos your followers watched, and sounds your followers listened to.
Important note! In the native app, these metrics are available only for your TikTok profile, you can't see these stats for other TikTok accounts. That's why you must continue reading this article and find out what metrics you can see using Socialinsider's TikTok analytics feature.
To be able to analyze any TikTok profile or hashtag, first, you have to add it to the dashboard.
Step 1. Add a TikTok profile like this: tiktok.com/@socialinsider
You can also add a TikTok hashtag, like this: #socialinsider
Now that you have successfully added a TikTok profile to Socialinsider dashboard, let’s take a closer look at all the KPIs you’ll be able to measure.
Important note! With Socialinsider, you can analyze any TikTok profiles: yours and the ones of your competitors!
This type of data will help you understand if your content strategy is successful or not.
If your engagement is dropping and you are losing followers, it's time to change your TikTok strategy.
Followers' growth - The number of new followers your profile has received from the start date until the end date of the slelected time range.
Total posts - the total number of posts you published in a given period.
Total engagement - The total engagement of the posts (likes, comments and shares) divided by the number of posts from the selected time period. This metric will help you understand how many people are interacting with your posts. If your engagement is high, it means your strategy is good.
Average engagement rate per post - The average engagement per post divided by the number of followers the page has, all multiplied by 100.. This metrics will show you on average how many people interacted with each post during a certain period of time.
Average engagement rate per profile - the total engagement per 100 followers.
If you are wondering which specific videos are more effective at getting engagement and make people interact with your profile, this metric is for you.
Here you can see your top 3 TikTok posts from a specific period.
- Top 3 posts - The 3 posts with the highest engagement and engagement rate.
If you want to get more in-depth, go to the Profile section.
Here you'll be able to sort your posts by:
- Engagement rate
- Profile follower count
With Socialinsider, you will see a complete list of all the hashtags you have used.
- Top hashtags - Top hashtags typically used with this hashtag.
- Top hashtags by avg. engagement - Top hashtags typically used with this hashtag sorted by avg. engagement.
- Posts by published hour - The days of the week when the profile publishes new posts.
- Average engagement by published hours - The average engagement received each hour of the day, depending on the timetable on which the stories were published - please see "POSTS BY PUBLISHED HOUR".
- Posts by published day - The hours when the profile publishes new posts.
- Average engagement by published day - The average engagement received each day of the week depending on the timetable on which the stories were published - please see "POSTS BY PUBLISHED DAY".
Tracking engagement on TikTok will show you how good your content strategy is or if your followers are engaging with your videos.
If your engagement is falling, maybe it's time to change your strategy: start posting more often, try more TikTok hashtags, and make sure you add music to all your TikTok posts.
Socialinsider shows you how your likes and comments are distributed and how many people engage with your feed and played your videos.
- Engagement evolution - The graph shows the day to day evolution of the engagement (sum of sum of likes, comments and shares) received on posts published in the selected time range.
- Distribution of likes - The graph shows the day to day evolution of the number of likes received on posts published in the selected time range.
- Distribution of comments - The graph shows the day to day evolution of the number of comments received on posts published in the selected time range.
- Shares evolution - The graph shows the day to day evolution of the number of shares of posts published in the selected time range.
- Plays evolution - The graph shows the day to day evolution of the number of times your TikTok videos have been played by users. This only refers to posts published in the selected time range.
Create funny and authentic content
TikTok is all about fun and visual content. If you take a look at the TikTok trending pages, you'll find a lot of funny videos, all with songs.
Here's a good example: Lush, a cosmetics retailer, is using TikTok to create funny videos to promote their products.
PS: Make sure you add music to all your videos.
Keep it simple and be authentic.
Create a hashtag challenge
Another great way to promote your business on TikTok is by launching a hashtag challenge.
All you have to do is create a hashtag, make a TikTok video, then encourage other TikTok users to create content and add your branded hashtag to it.
A good example here is Samsung's #GalaxyA challenge.
Samsung asked users to draw the letter "A" on the palm of one hand and teleport it to the hand of another user.
A fun hashtag challenge not only promotes your business, but it also brings you more interactions and engagement on your posts.
After creating a branded hashtag, you can add that hashtag to Socialinsider's dashboard and analyze the performance of it.
After adding the hashtags to Socialinsider's dashboard, you'll get the following metrics:
- The total number of posts using this hashtag
- The total engagement
- The average engagement
- Posts evolution - posts that used that hashtag
- Top 3 posts - the most engaging posts using that hashtag
- Posts insights
- Engagement insights
Work with influencers
According to some studies, 41 percent of TikTok users are aged between 16 and 24, so if you want to get their attention working with influencers can help you make a connection with that generation of users.
Compare with your competitors
Make sure you take a look at what your competitors are doing on TikTok.
Because you can create unique videos, or record hashtag challenges videos, but the best thing you can do to optimize your TikTok strategy is to permanently analyze and compare your profile with the ones of your competitors.
You'll be able to see your competitors post evolution, how many likes and comments they got, what hashtags and music they are using for their videos.
Having all this information will help you create your own TikTok marketing strategy. TikTok is about challenges, music, and unique content, so make sure you don't skip any of these.
5. Webinar - TikTok Analytics with Socialinsider
Here's our live training webinar - TikTok analytics with Socialinsider, where Razvan - co-founder and developer will guide you through how you can add a TikTok profile and hashtag, and what metrics you'll see in the dashboard.
Watch the webinar, and discover 🔎:
- How you can add a TikTok profile
- How to analyze an influencer's TikTok profile
- What metrics we provide for TikTok profiles
- How to monitor a TikTok hashtag
Have you started using Socialinsider's TikTok analytics feature?
Using Socialinsider, you'll get an in-depth view of the most important TikTok metrics for your profile or the ones of your competitors.
If you have more questions about this new product feature, reach out to us on Intercom or via email.
PS: Make sure you follow us on TikTok.