Originally written Feb. 21, 2018. Last updated Jan. 15, 2019.
Being shadow banned on Instagram was a controversy last year. Some influencers consider that the shadow banning is just a theory and there is no categorical proof that this is happening on Instagram.
However, when it comes to hashtags there are some weird things going on.
In this article, I’m going to show you everything you need to know about the Instagram banned hashtags in 2019 and how to get back to normal.
These hashtags were manually examined using the steps described below. If you're planning to use hashtags which have million of posts, make sure you check them before.
Let's dive in!
You can start tracking your hashtags analytics with Socialinsider! Measure your engagement for postings on Instagram by searching for a specific hashtag, including a breakdown of which hashtags are driving the most likes, comments, impressions, and reach on your Instagram posts.
The complete list of banned hashtags in 2019
- Why does Instagram block hashtags?
- How to view blocked hashtags on Instagram in 2019
- How to hide hashtags on Instagram
- The complete list of banned hashtags in 2019
- Tips to avoid being blocked by Instagram
Hashtags are very important in leading people to your account. But there are a number of Instagram hashtags that were banned lately.
Although you may not know it, using any of the blocked hashtags can easily result in your Instagram account being banned. Failure to follow the Instagram Community Guidelines is what might just result in your hashtag being blocked. Here are the reasons for banned Instagram hashtags in 2019:
- Sharing photos or videos you didn’t take or for which you have no right to share.
- Posting photos or videos that contain nudity in the form of genitals, intercourse, and full-buttock close-ups.
- Avoiding comments, likes, follows or shares by bots and making repetitive contact with people for commercial purposes.
- Using the platform to participate in hate groups, organized crime, and terrorism. Advertising sexual services, buying and selling firearms and illicit drugs is a no-no.
- Blatant show of disrespect for other members of Instagram. This involves posting content with hate speech, threats or that which is meant to shame or degrade private individuals.
- Posting content that glorifies self-inflicted injury.
- Posting graphic pictures or videos of newsworthy events that have no captions or warning about its content.
All Instagram users should avoid using banned hashtags in 2019. Here's how to search if a hashtag is blocked or not:
- Tap on the magnifying glass icon, which in effect is the Explore’ tab.
- Type the hashtag in the search bar.
- If the hashtag doesn’t appear in the search results, then maybe it was banned.
On Instagram, hashtags can be banned either temporary or on an indefinite basis. If the ban is temporarily, it might remain so for a day and appear the next day.
- If the hashtag appears in the search results (you'll get the top results), tap Recent. Make sure you confirm that it has not, indeed, been banned. Hashtags that show in the search results may not necessarily show the related posts.
Not everyone wants their hashtags to remain visible once they have posted on Instagram. The desire to use more than one hashtag is to blame for that. If you don’t want your hashtags to appear cluttered, inauthentic, or spammed consider hiding them. The following tips can be of great help:
- Tap on a text editor on your phone to open it. Whether you use an iOS or Android phone, you should have a Notes’ app.
- After typing a dot, press the Return’ icon. Repeat that five time.
- Type your hashtag right next to the fifth dot.
- Before opening the Instagram app, copy the text you typed.
- Once the app is open, go ahead and post a photo. Give it an appropriate caption.
Here's a list of banned hashtags in 2019:
- beautyblogger, but #beautybloggers works
- hardworkpaysoff, but #hardworkpaysoff💪 works
- kansas, but #kansascity works
- snapchat, but #snapchat👻 works
It is easy to fall prey to your own user habits on Instagram. If you are not careful, you can easily get banned on this social networking site or to see that your engagement has been dropped.
One of the things you should never do is use Instagram broken hashtags for 2019. If your account was blocked, here’s a list with tips to avoid being blocked by Instagram.
Remove broken or abused hashtags. Don’t make assumptions. You need to go through all your hashtags. Don’t leave out any. Sift through from one after the other to ensure that none of them is limited by Instagram.
30 hashtags are too many. Apparently now, if you use the full 30 tags, you'll be considered spam and shadowbanned. It's been suggested to use 5 -10 tags only. And also, use different tags for each post and branded hashtags.
Pods/Engagement groups could have adverse effects. Instagram has developed a way to understand if you use pods.
Are one of those people who use bots for liking or commenting? Remember that spamming with your account is reason enough for it to be blocked.
You have tried all these suggestions, but the problem persists. What do you do? The only option you have is to make report it to Instagram. They will know what to do.
Instagram believes in ensuring the anything posted on the site doesn’t offend any of its users. That is a good thing. Everyone gets to exercise responsibility in whatever they do on the site.
From the list of the Instagram broken hashtags 2019, it is clear that you need to do a lot of due diligence before posting anything.
Some of the banned hashtags 2019 might appear on the list temporarily while others are permanently broken. If you go ahead to use banned hashtags, your account might just receive a 'shadowban', penalty or block from Instagram. If you have some hashtags, using a banned one can only render the rest ineffective. It is, therefore, important that you check if a hashtag is banned from using it.
If you know other hashtags, let me in the comments and I'll update the list.
You can start tracking your hashtags analytics with Socialinsider! Measure your engagement for postings on Instagram by searching for a specific hashtag, see how many people used the hashtag, how many conversations generated, and the total posts.
P.S. Can we send you an email?
Once a week or so we send an email with our best content. No sales pitches, no bullshit, and one-click unsubscribe: