Socialinsider is committed to ensuring the security of its users by protecting their information.
This policy gives security researchers guidelines for conducting vulnerability discovery activities and instructions on how to submit vulnerabilities to us.
This policy describes what systems and types of research are covered under this policy, how to send us vulnerability reports, and how long we ask security researchers to wait before publicly disclosing vulnerabilities.
We encourage you to contact us to report potential vulnerabilities in our systems.
If you make a good faith effort to comply with this policy during your security research, we will consider your research to be authorized and we will work with you to understand and resolve the issue quickly, and Socialinsider will not recommend or pursue legal action related to your research.
Should legal action be initiated by a third party against you for activities that were conducted in accordance with this policy, we will make this authorization known.
GuidelinesUnder this policy, “research” means activities in which you as a security researcher:
- Notify us as soon as possible after you discover any security issue.
- Make every effort to avoid privacy violations, degradation of user experience, disruption to production systems, and destruction or manipulation of data.
- Only use exploits to the extent necessary to confirm a vulnerability’s presence. Do not use an exploit to compromise or exfiltrate data, establish persistent command line access, or use the exploit to pivot to other systems.
- Provide us a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue before you disclose it publicly.
- Do not submit a high volume of low-quality reports.
- Describes the location the vulnerability was discovered and the potential impact of exploitation.
- Provide a detailed description of the steps needed to reproduce the vulnerability - screenshots or video recordings are helpful.
- Write the submission in English
Once you’ve established that a vulnerability exists or encounter any sensitive data (including personally identifiable information, financial information, or proprietary information or trade secrets of any party), you must stop your test, notify us immediately, and not disclose this data to anyone else.
Prohibited practicesThe following test methods are not authorized:
- Denial of service (DoS or DDoS) tests or other tests that impair access to systems
- Non-technical vulnerability testing
This policy applies to the following systems and services:
Any service not expressly listed above, such as any connected services, are excluded from scope and are not authorized for testing.
Additionally, vulnerabilities found in systems from our vendors fall outside of this policy’s scope and should be reported directly to the vendor according to their disclosure policy (if any).
If you aren’t sure whether a system is in scope or not, contact us at [email protected] before starting your research
If there is a particular system not in scope that you think merits testing, please contact us to discuss it first.
The scope of this policy can be increased over time.
Reporting a vulnerabilityInformation submitted under this policy will be used for defensive purposes only – to mitigate or remediate vulnerabilities.
If your findings include newly discovered vulnerabilities that affect all users of a product or service and not solely Socialinsider, we may share your report with third parties, where it will be handled under their coordinated vulnerability disclosure process.
We will not share your contact information without express permission.
We accept vulnerability reports via [email protected]. Reports may be submitted anonymously.
When you choose to share your contact information with us, we commit to coordinating with you as openly and as quickly as possible.
- Within 7 business days, we will acknowledge that your report has been received.
- We will confirm the existence of the vulnerability to you and be as transparent as possible about what steps we are taking during the remediation process
- We will maintain a conversation about the issues.