For a long time, I kept wondering if there is a social media manager formula for success or how other social media specialists are spending their time - do we share the same knowledge, or is there more?
From what I have learned over the years, a social media manager can be a marketer, a strategist, a copywriter, an analyst, and a customer service - most of the time, all in one day.
Managing all of these diverse responsibilities can be challenging at some point, but this is a career path of continual learning.
Today you will meet Alexandra Reay - Global Social Media and Community Manager at Nestlé.
Listen to this podcast on:
The life of a social media manager
On this episode you'll learn:
- How the pandemic changed the social media strategy for Nestlé?
- What skills do you need to develop?
- The most important campaigns on social media for Nestlé
What to listen for:
- [0:00] Introduction
- [5:38] Day-to-day schedule
- [8:19] What skills do you need to develop for this career path
- [11:15] How to handle negative reviews on social media
- [13:05] Nestlé's social media strategy
- [15:24] Steps behind a successful social media campaing
- [20:00] Successful campaings on social media for Nestlé
- [22:05] If you could teach me 3 things about social media management, what would you teach me?
Links to references: